We’re gonna have to choose between having human rights, or having no political power. It’s gonna be a difficult one, but I’m gonna go with human rights
Let me expand that for you, because it’s really the option between;
- Having human rights, political self-determination, a currency that isn’t linked to Conservative austerity, freedom to pursue left-wing political causes, and the ability to decide our country’s fate.
- And having no political power, having our most populous city be England’s meat-shield for nuclear weapons and disasters, and our people continually denigrated by the ruling government and popular media of what is ostensibly ‘our’ overall shared nation.
The idea of Scotland even having a voice was actually used as a scare tactic by the Tories in the General Election. They used the bogeyman of a Labour and Scottish National Party coalition as something that was automatically going to be a bad thing. Labour, for their part, immediately doubled-down and stated that in no way were they ever going to work with the SNP, and look where we are now.
INDYREF 2, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO!
Protesters demonstrate outside former British PM Tony Blair’s home on the morning of the long-awaited release of the Chilcot Inquiry into Britain’s participation in the Iraq War.
Follow updates about the report (an estimated 2.6 million words long) at The Guardian.
Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty
The aim of neoliberalism is to install a permanent, capitalist theocracy that ensures a two-thirds society, with the majority divided and indebted, managed by a corporate class, and a permanent working poor. In Britain today, 63 per cent of poor children grow up in families where one member is working. For them, the trap has closed. More than 600,000 residents of Britain’s second city, Greater Manchester, are, reports a study, “experiencing the effects of extreme poverty” and 1.6 million are slipping into penury.
- Reports of hate crimes increase 57% following Brexit
- This morning a man was abused on a tram in Manchester police are looking for the guys in the video so give it a watch!
- An elderly lady who has lived here for decades called in to LBC to say that since the vote she’s had dog shit thrown at her house and is scared to go outside
- The Labour Party is currently staging a coup against its own leader Jeremy Corbyn with rumours circulating those that left his shadow cabinet are thinking about forming their own party..basically ensuring furthers years of Tory rule in the UK because Labour can’t get their shit together
- Nigel Farage (Leader of UKIP, the Leave campaign and all round bellend) showed up to the EU parliament and said ‘You all laughed at me!! you’re not laughing now!!’ before going on to say everyone should be grown up about things lmao lmao lmaoaooooooo
- Meanwhile Scotland’s Alyn Smith gave a speech to the same parliament basically saying ‘I don’t know her’ to the rest of the UK (Scotland voted remain)
- oh as I type this news just broke that The Bank of England has injected £3.1bn of liquidity into UK banks after Brexit hahaha
- The UK also lost its Triple A credit rating yesterday
- but at least we ‘Took back control’ eh?
people in the uk if you experience any kind of racist or xenophobic abuse rn no matter how minor, pleas please pleasepl easepl easepl ease
REPORT IT TO THE POLICE.
#there’s a government statistical reason for this i promise#it may not do immediate good but it helps#if they are able to keep track#evidence is an important part of whatever happens next#police reports are evidence#please report it#report it
can witnesses report the attacks as well ? Instead? Would that be useful? Would it count?
A witness can support a report and that is very valuable but direct abuse rather than written generally has to be reported by the victim I think
I’M WRONG! PLEASE REBLOG THIS VERSION
this is what post brexit britain looks like, we have given in to xenophobia and racism, and it’s terrifying
I don’t think people quite comprehend what’s going on here.
This isn’t some political party that can be defeated in the polls like Donald Trump, this isn’t some wacko fringe political group that can be defeated.
The wackos won, 52% of your country voted for this and it’s happening.
Normally, we can vote down people like Nigel Farage and UKIP, but over half of the United Kingdom just put people like him in charge. Don’t you get it? You guys just effectively put people like him in charge of your country – this isn’t some nightmare, it’s fucking reality.
I’d get out of there while I still could – because that country is about to become a very bad place to live if you’re not a straight WASP.