- Ex-villains graduating to “weird
- Ex-villains and hero(es) turning the
events of previous battles into bizarre inside jokes.
- Ex-villains embracing the power of
friendship and love.
- Ex-villains putting up walls and
keeping to themselves until the heroes teach them what it means to
- Ex-villains messing up and being
forgiven because redemption is a process, not an endgame.
- Ex-villains being shy and uncertain
about their new place as a hero.
- Bonus: Ex-villains hiding behind their
hero friends during moments of shyness and uncertainty.
- Ex-villains being tempted back to the
dark side only to realize how much their newfound friendships mean to
- Ex-villains pretending to return to the
dark side, and using their villain cred to be a mole/saboteur on the
- Ex-villains taking the same skills and
character traits that made them effective villains and using them for
- Ex-villains defeating current villains
by being better at those skills and traits
than they are.
- Ex-villains being rejected by almost
everyone except the very few willing to give them the benefit of the
- Ex-villains being ferociously
protective of those few.
- Ex-villains convincing old allies and friends to follow them to the light side.
- Ex-villains helping their hero friends
through guilt and self-doubt by reminding them that your mistakes don’t
make you and it’s never too late to turn things around.
- Ex-villains receiving unconditional
trust and affection from someone small and innocent, and having no
idea what they’re supposed to do with that.
- Ex-villains reuniting with heroic loved ones that they don’t have to fight against anymore.
- Ex-villains looking around at their new
friends and their new home and having to sit down and ride out a
sudden wave of powerful emotion because they can’t remember the last
time they felt content.
oh shit it’s my all time guilty pleasure favourite trope