“gay marriage is legal, what more do YOU PEOPLE want????”
so many things, thanks for asking!
- an end to conversion therapy for gay and trans youth
- repeal of laws which legalize discrimination against lgbt+ people if it’s derived from “sincerely held religious beliefs”
- recognition and protection for lgbt+ people on the international stage
- reduction in the rates of suicide, depression, and homelessness among lgbt+ people
- to be able to google ‘lesbian’ without seeing pornography
- an end to the sexualization and fetishization of lgbt+ people in general, particularly wlw and transwomen
- legislation to add workplace protections for trans and gay people in all 50 states
- repeal of “bathroom bills” that bar trans folk from using the appropriate rest rooms
- recognition and remembrance for the countless individuals who died from HIV/AIDS and repartitions for the survivors
- an end to the “gay panic” and “trans panic” defenses
- media representation that doesn’t end with the characters’ deaths
marriage equality was not the finish line.
“"gay and trans”“
What, like you expected people to remember that conversion therapy gets used on bi people as well?